Although the porch and south front of All Saints, Feering was rebuilt in brick around 1500 AD the main body of the church dates back to 13th century when it must have replaced a Norman nave since the parish once belonged to Edward the Confessor.
The stone altar, which was built in 1961 by two parishioners, contains fragments from the ruins of Coggeshall Abbey, Walsingham Abbey and Colne Priory.
In the niche over the porch door is a terra cotta bas-relief of Our Lady and the Holy Child designed by the sculptress Stella Ling in 1985.
Family Service at St Mary's - Sunday 1st September 10.00 with Untidy Cafe (crafts & refreshments) in the Church Rooms from 09.15 - Read More
Harvest Lunch - Sunday 29th September in St Mary's Church Rooms - see calendar for more details
See the Services page for information of upcoming services.